Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Easter

Each Lenten season I resolve to "give up" or "add on" something to remind me of the great sacrifice on my behalf that Jesus made.  As in former years, my Lenten journey has been a mixure of trying harder and continuing to fail.

If it were up to me all would be lost.
 Luckily. blessedly, it is not all up to me.

We have a lot of work to do to help bring about the world God wants us to live in.


Tony Compolo told us at one visit to Central College:

It's Friday--but Sunday is coming.



 With the end of Lent, I intend to renew my vows to do a better job of reflecting God's love

My daughter wrote, for a Lenten devotional in her church this thought that I'll try to keep in mind:

"Sometimes God calls us to the heavenly banquet of the Lamb
because someone is needed to wash the dishes."


Best wishes for a joyous Easter.
HE IS RISEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment