Saturday, December 15, 2012

Advent Resolutions

Christmas joy and peace be yours as we wait for and work for Christ's coming again.

I send out my Christmas letters after Christmas.
     I decided years ago that I would not write Christmas letters when all the other hubbub of preparations are calling mr.
     My desire to touch base with friends is more neaningful for me, and maybe for them, if I wait until Christmas is over.

But this year I am getting the jump on resolutions by making them now--at the start of the church year--in Advent.

  1. I resolve to be a better listener. I know I learn more when I listen than when I talk.
  2. I resolve to keep in touch with old friends and make new ones.
  3. I resolve to organize my desk, my files, my house, and my thoughts.
  4. I resolve to try "to let the goodness of God express itself in my obedient heart and mind and will."
That should be good for starters.



What will you be resolving for 2013? Leave a response or email me at collinsleej@gmail.

No comments:

Post a Comment